Liked: 2 times
Full Name: David Torreggiani

SureBackup - access masquerade IP

Post by superdevo »

Hello,
i'm testing with surebackup and have the following situation

Veeam server on VLAN 16 (LAN side)

Veeam proxy IP on VLAN 16 (LAN side)

Veeam proxy VLAN 16 and VLAN20 (can talk to eachother) (Isolated side)

No, if i set a masquerade IP on the 16 network i can reach it with no issue, but i need to run a script agaist the VM that is in the VLAN 20 network and, from the Veeam server, i can't reach it.

Is there something i can do to fix that?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: SureBackup - access masquerade IP

Post by PetrM »

Hello David!

Masquerade IP is used to access VM which is running in the isolated network from Veeam B&R server and there is no requirement that this IP belongs to already existing network:
Veeam B&R automatically creates a static route in its routing table according to Virtual Lab configuration when you start a job.
I recommend to take a look at this article on our help center, it contains a good explanation of IP masquerading with a specific example.

As far as I understand, ping test is failed, right?
I'd suggest to make sure that IP configuration of proxy appliance in the isolated network corresponds to IP configuration of VMs in production: default gateway and subnet mask should be the same.

Feel free to open a support request if the suggestion above doesn't help to resolve the issue and don't forget to paste case number for our reference.

Thanks!
haslund
Veeam Software
Liked: 149 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Post by haslund »

superdevo wrote: Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm Is there something i can do to fix that?
You wrote, "I can't reach it". Can you be more specific on how you are trying to reach it? Ping test? Are you scripting this test or manually performing the test? Which IP are you using as the target IP of your test? What is the VMs production IP? Which OS is the VM in VLAN20 running? Does it have any firewall enabled? (could you try disabling it?)
Rasmus Haslund | Twitter: @haslund | Blog: https://rasmushaslund.com
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin » 1 person likes this post

Maybe important question. Are you setting up static mapping? If you are, you can only use ip's in the VLAN 16 but you can actually map them to server on different VLAN in the lab network