Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pls
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Shields

Backup Copy not in sync with Backup Job

Post by pls »

We have a file server with a backup job that runs every 4 hours. It runs at noon, 4pm, 8pm etc and takes less than 10 minutes to complete. The backup copy job that is connected to this backup job does not run as soon as the backup job completes. For example the backup job ran at 4am this morning but the BCJ did not run until 6:30am. There were no other jobs running during that time. Maybe we have set the backup copy job up incorrectly. The copy job is set to copy every 4 hours and the schedule for "This job can transfer date" is set to Any time. Also the BCJ has a health check scheduled for every Sat that takes about 11 hours to complete. Am I mistaken in assuming the BCJ should start shortly after the backup job completes?
Phil
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Copy not in sync with Backup Job

Post by foggy »

Hi Phil, it is just a matter of when did the first backup copy job cycle was triggered. To shift it to the required time, just click Sync Now a few minutes after the source backup job has started - after that backup copy will monitor the backup to complete and start copying immediately. Thanks!
pls
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Shields

Post by pls »

I can do that. However, looking at the BCJ report I noticed on 11/23 a BCJ started at 3:59am. This was the first job on a Sat so it included the health check. It did not finish until 3:03pm (11 hours). The next BCJ then started at 3:04pm with the next one at 7:04pm. It looks to me like the health check gets the BCJ out of sync.
Phil
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Well, this might be the case with hourly intervals where post-processing (some sort of activity that is performed after transferring all the data) is performed out of the interval, which could occur if health check took a very long time at the beginning of the interval. In this case, interval start time shifts.