Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
pufferdude
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Jim

Do I get 10 free licenses even when paying?

Post by pufferdude »

We have purchased 25 licenses of O365 backup for our most important users. I just wondered if it was expected that we would ALSO be allowed 10 more free users like I got with the community edition? (If so, I don't see them in my environment). I can see arguments both "for" and "against" this idea, but it does seem a little odd to me that you get "penalized" (you "lose" 10 free licenses) when you move from community edition and start paying.

If there's a way to get those 10 free (additional) licenses in my paid environment, I'm all ears!
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Do I get 10 free licenses even when paying?

Post by nielsengelen »

This is currently not possible. The community edition is our gift to the community for those who have 10 or less users to use it. It’s also used for testing, homelabs, fanatics,...
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Jim,

If you have a paid license and need a few more accounts you can benefit from our grace accounts offered. Please check out the documentation on this matter.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey Jim,

On top of that, I don't see paying as a penalty since you get support on it, while support on community edition is on a best effort basis