Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BarryCoombs
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Lab Configuration

Post by BarryCoombs »

Hi

I am currently configuring the virtual lab for a customer, the customer has virtual machines on 2 class B subnets.

When configuring the masquerade IP address it appears that I will need the customer to give me 2 class B subnets to masquerade.

I take it when the lab is used is masquerades the address like the example below

Production: 10.1.0.0 / 16
Masquerade: 10.2.0.0 / 16

VM Being Recovered IP: 10.1.1.1 / 16
VM Being Recovered Masquerade IP: 10.2.1.1 / 16

Further to this does the Veeam GRT wizards create a routing entry on the machine running the recovery wizard to allow it to route to the masquerade address via the public proxy address?

Final question is there anyway to use a smaller pool of IP's for the masquerade network, my original thinking was I would only need a handfull of IP for VM's being recovered so we were going to give the masquerade a 255.255.255.224 mask.

Cheers
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Lab Configuration

Post by Gostev »

The lab networking setup above looks correct.
BarryCoombs wrote:Further to this does the Veeam GRT wizards create a routing entry on the machine running the recovery wizard to allow it to route to the masquerade address via the public proxy address?
Yes, this is exactly how it works.
BarryCoombs wrote:Final question is there anyway to use a smaller pool of IP's for the masquerade network, my original thinking was I would only need a handfull of IP for VM's being recovered so we were going to give the masquerade a 255.255.255.224 mask.
Generally speaking, masquerade network mask should be the same as production network, otherwise this is just calling for issues with VMs which production IP address does not fit the masquearade network mask.
BarryCoombs
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Re: Lab Configuration

Post by BarryCoombs »

Many thanks Gostev