Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jbuffard
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Julien Buffard

Licence for VBR on another server

Post by jbuffard »

Hello,

We are in the process of acquiring Veeam Agent licences in order to administrate our physical servers from Veeam Backup & Replication.
We already have a server which has VBR licences and allows us to backup our VM, but we would like to backup the physical servers on another instance of VBR, dedicated to that.
Is there a possibility to use the VBR licence on our new server (dedicated to Veeam agents) as well as on our actual VBR server ?
We wouldn't backup the same things on those 2 servers, but we want 2 different Veeam Backup servers, without paying for more than the Veeam Agent price.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this isn't the right place to post that !
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Licence for VBR on another server

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

In your scenario, you would just need to deploy Veeam Agents license key (instance-based, subscription) to Veeam B&R and that's it. No need to port your original license key to the second backup server.

Thank you!
jbuffard
Novice

Post by jbuffard »

Thank you for your quick reply.
Just in order to get that straight in my head, I can install Veeam B&R on a server without a Veeam B&R licence (like community edition I suppose).
Then, I add the Veeam Agent licence file on that Veeam B&R.
In the end, we will not have any restrictions due to Veeam B&R not having a specific licence ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you can install a new license key right during the setup without going through the "Community Edition" step.

As long as you license all computers (Agents) you're protecting with the second server and you have a licensed backup server to protect all your VMs, you're all good. Hope this helps!
jbuffard
Novice

Post by jbuffard »

Again, thank you for your quick reply.
It's exactly what I needed, thank you for your help.