Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
alamb200
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Anthony Lamb

Emailing to Office 365

Post by alamb200 »

Hi,
I have set the agent up on one of our old servers, just to keep it backed up until it is retired in the near future, but I am having a problem with getting it to email logs out.
I have set up an IIS Server and set it up as a relay to Office 365, when I use a text document dropped into the pickup folder the email relays through to me without any issues, but when I try to use the email settings to relay through the IIS Server the email goes into the badmail section. I have looked at the error I am getting and it tells me that the error is from backup@domain.com going to backup@domain.com but I need it to go from backup@domain.com and go to backup@otherdomain.com.
Is this possible with the Agent free version of the software?
Thanks for your help,
alamb200
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Emailing to Office 365

Post by nielsengelen »

This is possible, you can send e-mail to any address so it may be an external missconfiguration. What if you just use the o365 mail servers?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
alamb200
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Anthony Lamb

Post by alamb200 »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I did try this for a start and had problems, hence using iis.
The problem seems to be it tries to send the mail from the same address it is coming from, which because I want the mail to go to a different address fails
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Anthony,

It's not possible to use different email address in the UI. However, it's possible to set multiple email addresses via configuration API in the paid version. Cheers!