Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ta_yoshizumi
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Reason why the instance license 'Support expiration date' is one month longer than 'Expiration date'

Post by ta_yoshizumi »

Hello all,

For permanent licenses, I think 'Expiration date' is valid for 10 years from the date of license issuance, and 'Support expiration date' is the maintenance end date.

After becoming an instance license, 'Expiration date' is the maintenance end date, and 'Support expiration date' is one month ahead of the Expiration date.

When I install the license, 'Support expiration date' will be displayed and the maintenance period will be extended by 1 month. Please tell us why the Support expiration date is 1 month longer than 'Expiration date'.

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Re: Reason why the instance license 'Support expiration date' is one month longer than 'Expiration date'

Post by Gostev »

Hello, this is a grace period that is added so that you don't lose access to customer support in case renewal process takes a bit longer than expected. Thanks!
ta_yoshizumi
Enthusiast

Re: Reason why the instance license 'Support expiration date' is one month longer than 'Expiration date'

Post by ta_yoshizumi »

Hello Gostev,

Thank you for the reply.

If the 'Expiration date' is exceeded, will the console login or running backup job fail?

My understanding is below.
'Support expiration date' is a maintenance period, and 'Expiration date' will not be able to use Veeam B & R if exceed.
Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hello,

Once you reach the expiration date of a Subscription license, the product will also provide you with a grace period of 30 days. During this period, you will be able to keep protecting your workloads. Once this grace period ends, all jobs will cease functioning until you obtain and install a new license.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Support expiration date' is a maintenance period
Time period during which you are eligible to receive technical support and product updates. Thanks!
ta_yoshizumi
Enthusiast

Post by ta_yoshizumi » 3 people like this post

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

I understood the reason why the instance license 'Support expiration date' is one month longer than 'Expiration date'.

Thank you so much!
Takayuki