Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
electsystech
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Doug Kuhns

Service not running

Post by electsystech »

Installed veeam agent for windows on windows 10 1803 pc. Installation says start veeam services (or to that effect). Then it says installation failed. I have disabled avast free antivirus prior to installation. Restarted the computer and the service still did not start. Went into services and Veeam agent for windows service is set to Automatic and Log On is set to Local System account. When I try to start the service it says the Veeam agent for microsoft windows service on local computer started and then stopped. I downloaded fresh install file with same results. I tried these steps but still can't start the veeam service:Please try performing these steps:
1. Make sure VEB service is stopped
2. Delete folder C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\VeeamEndPoint
3. Delete folder C:\ProgramData\Veeam\EndpointData
4. Set registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup\RecreateDatabase to "1"
5. Start VEB service
Support case ID is 03903809
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Service not running

Post by wishr »

Hello Doug,

While there could be various reasons for the service being unable to start, I'd recommend uninstalling AV software completely in the first place just to the testing purpose.

Thanks