Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GregorD
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Gregor Duzic

is Backup Copy = Backup Job

Post by GregorD »

I use backup copy Job. Because the Network is very slow i Need for full active backup 5 Days.
But the source backup Job (incremental for ever) has Retention 3 Days and is normally running every day when backup copy Job is copied to the Destination.
I Forget it to disable the backup Job after i start active full backup Job. I stopped the backup Job on 3 day.
For example i start the active full backup copy Job on Monday 1.12. Job is finish on Friday 5.12. so on Friday i have the copy of Monday. 1.12.
Backup Job makes on Sunday the incrementall to wednsday full backup. and backp copy Job copies that incremental. So on side of backup copy Job i have full from 1.12 and incremental from 6.12. I lose 5 Days which i never have in backup copy Job?
Or check Veeam backup and backup copy Job that this Jobs are really equall also by Jobs which Need more days to be copied?
Or must i stopped backup Job, start backup copy Job and after backup copy Job is finished , then start backup Job again. So that on both sides the full backup are the same date?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: is Backup Copy = Backup Job

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Gregor,

Every time the backup copy job delivers only the most recent state of VMs available in the source repository. It doesn't copy files but creates a new independent backup chain.
No matter how many restore points you had at the source during the initial run, you will get a single restore point at the target location.

Yes, you won't have those four restore points between runs.
Can you elaborate on the scenario you want to implement? Thanks!