Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
marcbo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: marcbo

Veeam not detecting my VCB framework

Post by marcbo »

Hello
I hope you could help me about VCB integration in Veeam Backup (excuse me for my bad english)
I'm using Veeam backup one year ago , i'm very satisfied about this product.
I don't have any problem about install veeam backup with VCB on my customers site but in my infrastructure i have a problem:
In version 2 of veaam , i had some problems to integrate VCB , and i had a registry key in hive for the VCB framework path ( C:\program files..)
After that VCB work well with veeam .( assume i installed Veeam on the same server than VCB proxy)
I upgraded to veeam 3.0 and 3.0.1 a little bit latter and now i can't to choose "VCB backup" the only choice is "Network Backup".
The VCB job created before the upgrade continue to work well !! but if i want to modify them , i must to choose "network backup" and VCB is no more operationnal for this job...

I tried to uninstall veeam , uninstall VCB , reboot server , reinstall VCB and réinstall veeam , no way..
Could you tell me how veeam detect VCB framework ( registry , SQL base ...) so i could continue to use VCB

Thanks for your help
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Veeam not detecting my VCB framework

Post by Gostev »

Hello, probably that manually added registry key prevents Veeam Backup from correctly detecting the VCB framework. Please contact our support and they will assist you with this. Be sure to provide all logs from Help | Support Information for fastest resolution - so that we can understand what key needs to be removed or added.
marcbo
Novice

Post by marcbo »

this key has been removed and the server has been rebooted
the problem still present
JMPY
Novice

Post by JMPY »

Have you make the SAN (zoning) and LUN Masking modifification on the storage system ?

Have make the configuration in diskPart ? automount ?

Can you make diskpart and than list disk ? you must see the VMFS datastore.
marcbo
Novice

Post by marcbo »

no problem about zoning
the VCB job created with veeam 2.0 continue to work !!
Just that i can't to add vcb backup job with version 3 because the option is no more available...
JMPY
Novice

Post by JMPY »

but you cannot install V3 with the V2 on the same server share the same database ? for installing the V3 (ou V3.0.1), it's a prerequisite to uninstall the V2.
marcbo
Novice

Post by marcbo »

i said "the job created created with the V2"
the database has been upgraded after V3 installation , the job still present after upgrade and they are marked "vcb backup"
I know , it's strange but for new jobs ( after V3 installed and database upgraded) the vcb backup options is no more available.
If i choose to edit a job created in version 2 , the vcb backup options is no more available...
ssimakov
Veeam Software
Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Stanislav Simakov

Post by ssimakov »

marcbo, please send all the logs and screenshot of all tabs of job properties to support@veeam.com