Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
allen.jones1@ge.com
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Allen Jones

Tags in Enhanced Link Mode vCenters

Post by allen.jones1@ge.com »

Hello!

Summary:
I have multiple vCenters in the Enhanced Link Mode configuration. When adding VMs to a new job by tag, VMs are not recognized or processed during backup.

Behavior:
Created a new job and selected the tag view when adding VMs to the backup job; while all vCenters added to Veeam were displayed only one vCenter read the tags (the last one in my case) and the other vCenter objects displayed an error "QueryAllCatergoryInfos failed. Failed to obtain VCenter [sic] service registration info". So while I was able to find and select the tag, no VMs were backed up.

Something else to note, when looking at the VMs and Templates view the vCenter with the VMs showed the correct data center hierarchy but the other vCenters in the ELM did not and only showed their own data center hierarchies. This allowed me to target the VMs traditionally for backup (which works) either directly or by folder.

I am not sure if this is a bug, configuration error, or a feature request..
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Tags in Enhanced Link Mode vCenters

Post by wishr »

Hi Allen,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums!

This is indeed strange and while I cannot yet say whether it's a bug or some sort of misconfiguration, I would definitely recommend passing this information and other details to our support team - they will be happy to help. Please share your case ID with us once done so we could keep an eye on the case flow and assist when necessary.

Thanks in advance.