Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jrohrauer
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Johannes Rohrauer

How to disable automatic unmounting of backup file due to inactivitiy

Post by jrohrauer »

Greetings,

I am rebuilding a 4 TB ReFS volume (held all my personal stuff, like photos and such). Unfortunatelly, I am having a hard time restoring the data. I am not able to restore through VAW, after some minutes I receive the (Windows) error message "access to folder/files not possible" (or similar, translated from german and from memory). When I copy the stuff directly through Windows Explorer from the VeeamFLR folder, everything works. The only BIG pitfall is the automatic unmount of backup files due to inactivity. Then the files are gone, I have to remount them, and resume the copy operation. In my setup this occurs every approx 40gb, which is a real PITA, when you have to deal with about 3TB of files.

Is there any way to change this behaviour or to troubleshoot the access error?

Regards
Johannes
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: How to disable automatic unmounting of backup file due to inactivitiy

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Johannes,

Try Regkey "InactiveFLRSessionTimeout" under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup\]. Value is set in seconds.

However, its best to troubleshoot and find the root cause - feel free to click "Support - Technical Support" in Agent GUI and log a ticket.
/Cheers!