Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
joshua.hu
Lurker
Liked: never

Is there a way to only backup certain folders in Sites?

Post by joshua.hu »

Hello,

Is there any way to specify only certain folders be backed up from Sharepoint Sites? I know the option exists for OneDrive via the SelectedOneDriveFolders parameter. I'm not seeing a similar option for Sharepoint Sites. Does it exist? Or does the SelectedOneDriveFolders parameter work for Sharepoint Sites as well?

For the inevitable question of "Why would you want to do that?", here is the answer. There are always going to be certain items that for legal reasons need to be backed up and kept for extended periods of time. Most of our other stuff does not need to be kept anywhere near as long. If I could create specify only specific folders be backed up in a job, then I could have 2 jobs run to 2 different repositories. This would satisfy the legal requirements, and save me a LOT of space in my regular repository. As it is at the moment, the only option I'm seeing is to keep everything indefinitely....which is not great.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Is there a way to only backup certain folders in Sites?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Joshua,

First: Welcome to the forums

For your question: It doesn't exist in SharePoint. Are those legal documents stored in a subsite? Because then you could create 2 jobs. One for SharePoint overall and a specific job for that particular site.