Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Remove orphaned VeeamFLR subdirectories in VBR 9.5 U4b ...

Post by Didi7 »

Hi guys,

yesterday I experimented with some VBR PowerShell scripts opening Exchange Application Restore Points. Instead of closing the session with ...

Stop-VBRExchangeItemRestoreSession

... I wanted to add some manual commands after the script has run, but PowerShell or VBR told me, that the session was already closed, but I could see that the two Application Item Restore session were still running in VBR and decided to cancel both via the GUI. Both sessions were cancelling but did not finish. This morning both sessions finished with Status Failed, because sessions became orphaned.

Looking into C:\VeeamFLR yesterday, I could see 2 directories with the name of the VM. One of this directory could be deleted, the other one cannot be deleted beyond the subdirectories ...

Volume0
Volume1
Volume2
Volume3

... saying 'The drive or directory name "C:\VeeamFLR\<VM-Name>_2593f6d3\Volume0" is invalid.

Has anyone an idea how to get rid of these directories or mount-points?

Best regards,
Didi7

P.S.: I decided to continue my PowerShell script trials with a seperate virtual VBR-server, that can be reverted.
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Remove orphaned VeeamFLR subdirectories in VBR 9.5 U4b ...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can try to follow one of the suggestions mentioned by the Microsoft Community, should help > F:\ The directory name is invalid
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Post by Didi7 » 1 person likes this post

Hi Vitaly,

didn't work. I solved the problem by adding another administrative user with full rights at the level of the subdirectory under C:\VeeamFLR\ and replaced child object permission with inheritable permission entries from upper directories.

C:\VeeamFLR is now empty again.

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Good! Thanks for sharing the solution with other community members.