Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
gardnerwg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: William Gardner

Recovering epository.adb data - which Veeam tool?

Post by gardnerwg »

Good evening, I am currently assisting a new Customer to try to recover some data after their IT manager passed away and they lost some degree of procedures.

We have discovered a whole bunch of folders that seem to be number as 4 digit number names and seem to range between 1989 to 2019.
Within the folders we can see a small number of different files up to 10kb but one single large file called Repository,adb

We are wondering if this filetype is a type generated by Veeam backup for O365, however when we downloaded a current (2019) evaluation copy from Veeam there does not appear to be any way to import the repository.adb files

I called Veeam support today to ask them but their team here is relatively new and could only tell me that Veeam Backup and Replication doesnt use any file with the filetype of .adb

Can anyone on the forum assist me with any information relating to the files repository.adb ? and if these are a file type generated/used by an older version of Veeam for O365 can someone please tell which version??

Thanks

WGG
Australia
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Recovering epository.adb data - which Veeam tool?

Post by Polina »

Hi William,

The files you describe indeed could be produced by Veeam Backup for Office 365. You can try opening them with Veeam Explorers that come as part of VBO Community Edition.

Also, could you please your support case ID in this thread?

Thanks!