Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
wa15
Veteran
Liked: 25 times

SOBR Offload Job - Running Twice

Post by wa15 »

We just started archiving about 30TB of data to the cloud and have a SOBR offload job that's running. This will take about a week based on current bandwidth. I noticed 4 hours later, another SOBR offload job for the same repository kicked off, but it's at 0% and not transferring anything. In the Veeam manual it says that SOBR offload kicks off every 4 hours.

1. Is this second SOBR job that's idle expected behavior?
2. Will the second SOBR Offload job simply that's not transferring anything/is idle simply stop and disappear once the main job that's transferring data completes?

We have our SOBR capacity-tier to offload set to offload data older than 0 days and have a 1 week and then monthly full backup GFS retention.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: SOBR Offload Job - Running Twice

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

1. Correct
2. The second job might offload the restore points it identifies as new ones
3. Any particular reason are you setting the number of days that low? Even with such setting only GFS restore points will be transferred for backup copy jobs.

Thanks!
wa15
Veteran
Liked: 25 times

Post by wa15 »

Thanks Vladimir.

In regards to your question, I assume you mean number of days on SOBR, but that was so we can offload sealed VBKs to capacity-tier as soon as possible. I had GFS set to 84 for monthly and 1 for weekly (to keep 7 years of monthly full backups). Open to suggestions :)

By the way, when the offload job is interrupted in middle of offloading a VM, will the current progress made for that particular VM(s) be saved and the offload job will continue where it left off?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

In regards to your question, I assume you mean number of days on SOBR, but that was so we can offload sealed VBKs to capacity-tier as soon as possible.
Got it, thought it was some sort of misconfiguration and you were trying to move ALL backup files to object storage (seen such configs before), thus, my note about GFS backups. Actually, if you set this setting to 7, will work as today.
will the current progress made for that particular VM(s) be saved and the offload job will continue where it left off?
Correct.