Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
johannesr
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Johannes

Support on behalf of a customer

Post by johannesr »

Greetings,

at first, sorry for posting this here, there is no other appropriate subforum available. Maybe a "General" forum would be something for the future?

When I am taking over a customer, or visit customers from my colleagues, chances are high, that VBR is already in use. So, from time to time I need to raise a ticket on behalf of that customer. How do I proceed when they do not have their license information/customer portal login? Can I raise those cases through my own account? I assume when I export logs, which is necessary in about 99% of all the cases, that the license information is also included, right?

Or is there any other way?

Thanks
Johannes
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Support on behalf of a customer

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Johannes,

There is no other way to raise support tickets without access to the customer portal.
You can try to call by phone and ask for assistance.

I can ask a manager for assistance if you have a support case ID opened recently.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Johannes, ideally, the customer should designate you as a Case Administrator to allow you to open cases with Veeam on behalf of their organization. This is done by their License Administrator via our customer portal, so I suggest you ask them to somehow find this valuable info, this will save everyone a lot of time in the future.
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor » 1 person likes this post

The license (file) has the email address of the license administrator included, so you/the customer could reset the password of this account.
If the email address isn't available the customer could create an additional account with the same email domain. The new account should be able to access the existing licenses and open support cases.
johannesr
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Johannes

Post by johannesr »

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it!