Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MVanek
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Martin Vanek

Full Backup after adding new server to existing protection group

Post by MVanek »

Hello guys,my first post here
Currently I have infra with some agent backed computers. We use protection groups and jobs managed by VBR server. Jobs are forever incremental.
Week ago, new server has been added to existing protection group and after that the job ran full backup *.vbk for all servers. I dont think its usual behaviour, but maybe its just my misunderstand.
Havent tested it yet with another protection group, since there isnt much free capacity to play with :)
Thanks for any help/explanation
Regards Martin
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Full Backup after adding new server to existing protection group

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Martin, welcome to the community!

What version of Veeam B&R are you using? It looks like a known issue in the Veeam B&R versions before U4b.
I recommend you update to the most recent version, that should fix it.

Thank you!
MVanek
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Martin Vanek

Re: Full Backup after adding new server to existing protection group

Post by MVanek » 1 person likes this post

Hello Dmitry, thanks for quick answer.
I think you are right. Actually, its our customer site and I have been told about this problem today. Along with tracking this issue they have upgraded to 9.5.4.2866 also today :)
So I hope and think you described the culprit and its already solved :) I also checked https://www.veeam.com/kb2970 and the issue is described below. Should have check it before I posted this thread...sorry
Anyway, really thanks for help
Regards
Martin