Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
alex.talmage
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Multiple VAW jobs on the same Agent run simultaneously?

Post by alex.talmage »

Hi,

We have a 45TB physical Windows server that we want to backup using Veeam Agent for Windows. The 45TB is an even split across two separate volumes.

What I'd like to be able to do is create two seperate Veeam Agent for Windows backup jobs, one per volume, and run these jobs simultaneously. What I'm finding is that Veeam queues one job until the first is finished.

If we could run the jobs simultaneously, it would mean we can take advantage of the 2x drives in our Tape Library for the secondary tape jobs and effectively half the backup times of this server.

With the way Veeam queues the jobs, we're struggling the backup the server within our backup window.

If we add both volumes to the same agent job, we can't make use of the two drives in the Tape Library for the secondary copy job.

Any advice or comment would be much appreciated.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Multiple VAW jobs on the same Agent run simultaneously?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alex,
What I'd like to be able to do is create two seperate Veeam Agent for Windows backup jobs, one per volume, and run these jobs simultaneously. What I'm finding is that Veeam queues one job until the first is finished.
Unfortunately that's not supported: second agent job will await for the first job completion. You can create multiple jobs but they will processed one after another. Cheers!