Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wbo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Oliver

Windows FLR does not see local repository

Post by wbo »

Case ID - 03981697
I have Veeam performing a backup of a server to a local SR. Then I have a Backup Copy job using the backup as the source to send a copy to the DR site. This copy job has a GFS schedule attached to it. I then have a later scheduled Replication job using the backup copy as the source to create replica VMs at the DR site. My goal was to have essentially 3 backup copies of the VMs (one at the primary site, one copy at DR, and one VM Replica at DR all while only sending the data over the VPN once. I thought I had things working the way I wanted until I tried to do a restore today. I was trying to restore 2 windows directories, but the restore job did not see any restore points in the local SR. I know the files are there, and can browse to them. My only option was to restore from the SR at the DR site. It works but was painfully slow. Does someone know what I did wrong in the setup? At local Site: ESXi 6.5 on 9 hosts Veeam BR Server Veeam Proxy Local SR's for various jobs (windows drives attached to the VBR Server) At the DR Site: ESXi 6.5 on 5 Hosts 3 Veeam Proxies Each with an SR as a local drive.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Windows FLR does not see local repository

Post by veremin »

What happens if you go to Backups node, locate the required backups and execute Windows FLR from there? Thanks!