Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
MarMotMan
Lurker
Liked: never

How to restoure VEEAM backup with new VEEAM Server ?

Post by MarMotMan »

Hi Community,

My VEEAMSERVER is dead - My IT is gone, and i'm trying to restore full backup of my servers but i only have a access to my Veeam backups.
I had to reinstall a veam server from scratch but don't know how to get my backup ? Could you please HELP me ?

DO you have somewhere document to help me. :cry:
>> New server reinstall from 0....
>> I hace access to old full backup...but don't know how to import them :(.....when i'm trying i have an error message
unsupported storage version...

Thanks in advance !
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: How to restoure VEEAM backup with new VEEAM Server ?

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi MarMotMan,
1. Was your old VBR server up to date? Make sure new VB&R installation is not older than previous dead server you had(in case you re-installed from few years old media).
2. Do you have backups of Veeam server configuration? Those are done daily by default and should be under default repository in Backup\VeeamConfigBackup folder. Check for *.bco there. If you have that, proceed with Configuration Restore and all your backups will be imported back automatically.
3. If you have no configuration backup left, then add Repository with your existing backup files to a new VB&R server. Make sure to put a checkbox on [X] Import existing backup files automatically in the "Add Repository" wizard. That will auto-rescan repository and import all your backup files back into GUI. You will be able to find them under Home - Backups - Disk(Imported) and perform recovery.
Hope that helps!