Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
xmzmc
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Where do I change this credential?

Post by xmzmc »

Hi,

I'm currently changing some accounts used by Veeam Backup & Replication. A specific account I need to change is shown as being used in Veeam Credential Manager on [Shared Folder].
Where can I change this credential? See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/nvI3mrD (the shared folder is on a Windows server).
I already changed Managed Servers > Microsoft Windows so it's not used there.

Thanks in advance.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Where do I change this credential?

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi xmzmc,

If you click "Edit" it should point you to the object where the credentials set is used. Could you please give it a try?

Thanks
xmzmc
Enthusiast

Post by xmzmc »

Hi,

Yes it basically shows the same as the 'hover over' shown in the screenshot ;) I need to know where in Veeam I can change that.
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

You might have configured Network share as a backup repository to require access credentials, so you can also look it up in Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories > your NAS repository properties.

Best regards,
Oleg
wishr
Veteran

Simply change them here, in the credentials manager. The objects utilizing this set of credentials will inherit the change.
xmzmc
Enthusiast

Post by xmzmc »

@oleg.feoktistov:
yes I already checked that section but mentioned server is not listed in that section.

@wishr:
Yes true but when I change the credentials in for example a backup job and not in credential manager, I can test the credentials rightaway by hitting the 'Test now' button. Same seems to go when I change credentials in Managed Servers > Microsoft Windows where the process seems to autotest the credentials. I need to test the credentials first and that's why I'm not changing them through the credential manager.
wishr
Veteran

Thanks for the clarification. Got it.

In this case, Oleg's suggestion is a way to go. Most likely, you have a NAS repository or a shared folder within a managed Agent policy added with these credentials.

Thanks
xmzmc
Enthusiast

Post by xmzmc »

Since that server wasn't in my repositories I called Veeam and spoke with a tech. We checked some things and his conclusion was that the reference was probably pointing to an old repository which isn't used anymore and also not listed in Veeam. I changed the credential now from the credential manager and hope nothing will break tonight :P Otherwise I'll fix it.

Thanks for your reply's guys.