Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
cip2013
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Remove from configuration option missing

Post by cip2013 »

Hi Everyone,

Am I missing something or is this normal? When I right-click on a backup set that is stored on a cloud repository I don't get the option to "Remove from configuration". "Properties" is there along with "delete from disk". It's the same for encrypted and non-encrypted backups. Curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Remove from configuration option missing

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,

Can you please share a screenshot of this missing option? Additionally, please clarify for the platform type of the mentioned backup (i.e. vm backup, backup copy job, Windows/Linux agent)? Thanks!
cip2013
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by cip2013 »

The backup is a copy job to a Veeam Cloud Connect provider. Here's the screenshot of what I'm talking about.

https://flic.kr/p/2is6fde
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Len,

Thanks for the screenshot. In case of Cloud Connect repository this option is not required. When removing the backup from configuration you will force VBR to 'forget' it and since tenants do not have direct access to Veeam Cloud Connect repository (i.e. you can access repository via regular file explorer to get the needed files) it wont be possible to interact with such backup file.