Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
arun_wadhwa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Arun Wadhwa

Ports that needs to be opened for communication between on-premises to azure environment

Post by arun_wadhwa »

I have an environment which is currently being setup. It comprises of on-premises environment which has a windows server 2016R2. Veeam agent will be installed on the server and its backup will be stored on a local NAS storage(attached and presented as a CIFS share). The backup copy will be going to azure where veeam backup server will be configured and backup repository as well. I need to know what all ports needs to be opened between on-premises windows server , nas server and veeam server & repository on azure. Please help in getting the same.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Ports that needs to be opened for communication between on-premises to azure environment

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

First, I assume that you have a VPN connection between Azure and on-prem.

Second, you can find all the ports required in https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... l?ver=95u4

The relevant sections for you are
- Backup server connections
- Microsoft Windows Server connections
- Backup Repository connections
- Gateway Server connections
- Mount Server connections

Question: what you do you mean with "NAS server"? Is it a Windows machine hosting an SMB share, or is it a non-Windows NAS storage system? I assume the second option. That's why you need the gateway server.

Best regards,
Hannes