Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GregorD
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Gregor Duzic

V10 and merge license?

Post by GregorD »

I use Enterprise Manager In Version 9.5. i merge License. becasue i buy 2017 20 sockets,10 instances 2019 8 sockets, 10 instances , so i merge this 4 License files to one License file with 28 sockets and 20 instances.
I allready download the merge License V10. Can i add this merge License to new V10 or must i have unmerge files? Can i add 2 socket and 2 instance file?

And how is it i have 3 Server and one Enterprise Manager after i update Enterprise Manager i have to Change License file with V10 and then i can update only one Server .
Or i leave License V9.5 and then when i update all of my 3 Server then i Change the License to V10?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: V10 and merge license?

Post by Gostev »

I recommend that you review the Licensing section of the What's New document, just because v10 bring many other changes and enhancements there.

Answering your question, v10 will accept 1 socket license and 1 instance license with the matching Company Name. You can install/update/remove both socket and instance "parts" individually with v10. There's no longer need to merge them in the portal. v10 will not accept legacy portal-merged licenses for 9.5 U4 either, so yes - you will likely need to unmerge them before converting to v10.

If you have multiple socket licenses, and want to use their total capacity in the single deployment: you have to merge them first, so that you have 1 socket license file.

If you have multiple instance licenses, and want to use their total capacity in the single deployment: you have to merge them first, so that you have 1 instance license file.

You should do all this in the Customer Portal before you start upgrading to v10. But if you don't want to spend time figuring this all out, feel free to open a licensing support case, and they will do everything for you.

Thanks!
GregorD
Enthusiast

Post by GregorD »

Thank you for your answer.
GregorD
Enthusiast

Post by GregorD »

U Veeam thank you for next additional Free License :)
But please dont change the license politics again in V10.X :)
Is there still when i have 20 Sockets i can go over my instances +3 or it was +5 instances?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

If you're talking about gifted instances, then these cannot be exceeded at all. Again, I encourage you to read the What's New in v10 document, where all of this is nicely documented ;)