Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
veehexx
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

ConfigStoreRootPath dir accidentally deleted

Post by veehexx »

whoops, i deleted it!
I've recreated the path and amended permissions so that the HV cluster machines have full access. Also added additional notes on this share location to avoid issues in the future.

Veeam backup jobs now have a warning of "Cannot find Hyper-V virtual machine group information on host $CLUSTER". It seems this error is related to the ConfigStoreRootPath, so i've used https://www.veeam.com/kb2194 which I've used to confirm recreating the path. Live Migration has recreated the 'Groups' and 'Snapshot Groups' subfolders in this location so proves the HV Hosts have the correct permissions.

so far I've tried a live migration of the various affected VMs, removed & readded the VM into the HV Cluster, rescanned the hv cluster in veeam, removed & readded the VM in the backup job but the warning remains.
What else do i need to do to get this working again?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: ConfigStoreRootPath dir accidentally deleted

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Please include support case ID when you create a topic for the specific technical issue, our possibility to troubleshoot via forum is quite limited.

Thanks!
veehexx
Enthusiast

Post by veehexx »

working on getting that sorted (raising a support call). recent renewal has broken the B&R console supportID, and my website login isn't an admin on the new account# so cant get it via website either!
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Any chance to use license administrator account to open a case via website or you may do it over the phone? (please look under "Technical Support Phones")

Thanks!
veehexx
Enthusiast

Post by veehexx »

support call raised.
Case# 04033490

hopefully it's an easy one that has a known fix.. i guess something just needs to be told to recreate it somehow.
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Thanks for sharing case number, let's wait for results of analysis from support team.
veehexx
Enthusiast

Post by veehexx » 1 person likes this post

somewhat easily fixed. reboot!
unfortunately this wasn't something we planned or sugested by support - we had a failure that resulted in everything shutdown/rebooted at the weekend. since then the issue has resolved itself. Since this only affected the hyperv servers then all i have to go on is it being a HV Host or every VM in the backup jobs as the problem.