Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

v10 Storage rescan fails

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

case #04022979. After the upgrade to V10 the storage rescan on snapshots fails sometimes and Veeam is unable to detect the VMs inside the storage snapshot (we are using a Dell/EMC Unity array). Initial investigation by support shows that the initiator crashes on the discovery when it tries to determine the VMFS version inside the snapshot.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Storage rescan fails

Post by foggy »

Hi Franc, thanks for sharing the case ID. We will check from R&D side as well and I will get back with the results.
rasmusan
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Rasmus Andersen

Post by rasmusan »

Hi,

I seem to have a similar case, after upgrading to v10 storage rescan fails and backup from storage snapshot of some VMs/volumes fail. Storage array in my case is HPE Nimble HF40 using iSCSI for host connectivity... worked just fine with 9.5 U4b

Created case yesterday (04028492) with logs etc., but have still not heard anything
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hi Rasmus, a brief logs analysis shows that your case is different from the one above. Anyway, please continue investigating with our engineers.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Further investigation showed that, for some reason, connection times out during VMFS rescan and initiator crashes upon trying to disconnect from the connection that doesn't already exist. We will address the latter to better handle disconnect events in the future update, however, the timeout itself is still under investigation.