Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
JuRo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: JuRo

Shared memory connection was closed

Post by JuRo »

Hi all,
I use Veeam endpoint now for a view weeks for my private home network. I have different clients and one Media PC. I also have a WIN 10 based Backup Server which I us as target location conncect with 1GB network speed. I set up all of my clients with VEEAM Endpoint free for Win. Mostly the OS particion is backuped without any problems. My most important Client is my media PC. Beside the OS paticion I have a file partion with about 3 TB Backup volume. Unfortunately only the fist backup was sucessfull. From there on backup jobs always end up with the error: Shared memory connection was closed. I found this issue many time here in the forum but always without a clear solution. I tried more less everything without any sucess. I totally deinstalled everthing. I tried this: https://tinkertry.com/veeam-endpoint-ba ... base-reset . Please find enclosed the logs. I hope somebaody can help me here.
Thanks!
JuRo.

support case ID : 04025897
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Shared memory connection was closed

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi JuRo,
As you can see from forums search results, this error could be anything from failing disk, antivirus, windows updates, authentication or network failure and will be quite hard to solve over forum.
It is also worth giving a shot on Veeam Agent for Windows v4 - I can see from the logs that you are using v3.
/Cheers!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Juro,

Could you please share failed job logs from C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Endpoint\ folder or check them on your own? They have not been uploaded to the support case.

Thanks
JuRo
Novice

Post by JuRo »

Egor Yakovlev wrote: Feb 28, 2020 9:38 am Hi JuRo,
As you can see from forums search results, this error could be anything from failing disk, antivirus, windows updates, authentication or network failure and will be quite hard to solve over forum.
It is also worth giving a shot on Veeam Agent for Windows v4 - I can see from the logs that you are using v3.
/Cheers!
mmh I used the version which is available in the free version. Updater says that no new updates are available?!
it is version 3.0.2.1170

I just checked the download page. There is indeed a new version 4.

So update check is not working on my side?1
JuRo
Novice

Post by JuRo »

wishr wrote: Feb 28, 2020 9:43 am Hi Juro,

Could you please share failed job logs from C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Endpoint\ folder or check them on your own? They have not been uploaded to the support case.

Thanks
I have uploaded them with the aotomatic upload funktion in veeam endpoint free?! Here in the forum I obiously can not upload them?!

Egor Yakovlev obiously has acess to the logs because he refered to them. I will check this.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Thanks. The support case you mentioned (#04025897) is missing the job logs from C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Endpoint\ folder and without looking at them it's hard to say what's going on.
JuRo
Novice

Post by JuRo »

Mmhh I have registered for the free version. After log in App wantes me to register a business account when I select my cases. So unfortunately I can not submit logs?

No, not function. I have an account. When I click on my cases I come to the page for business user registration and the registration process starts from scratch?!
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

You should be able to access your case via https://my.veeam.com/#/my-cases.
JuRo
Novice

Post by JuRo »

as I said this is not function. I'am logged in and then I click my cases, then the registration page for Business users pops up ?!

Tested with firefox and edge
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

This is strange. Do you experience the same from any other machine or mobile device? You may also try to attach the logs to an email and send it as a reply to the last message from our support team.