Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
fluidsystems
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Avery

Weekday scheduled ignored

Post by fluidsystems »

Good morning
I have recently set up a new installation of B&R and have an agent backup which is set to run Monday-Friday but still runs on Saturdays for some reason.
I've tried changing the job to run on 'Weekdays' instead but this makes no difference. The history below shows the job tried running on Saturday 29/02/2020.
Is there any reason/bug that would cause this? Screenshots of the job and history below:
Any helps would be appreciated!
Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Weekday scheduled ignored

Post by PTide »

Hello,

I guess you are asking about Windows agent? If so then kindly review the following scheduling options - I think one of them might be the reason for the observerd behaviour.

Thanks!
fluidsystems
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Avery

Post by fluidsystems »

Hi
Thank you for your reply, yes it's a Windows Agent via Backup & Replication Community Edition.
I've reviewed the scheduling options on the link attached, however the PC isn't online at this time hence why we receive the failure. If was about missing the schedule, surely it would try Sunday as well but it doesn't.
The Job Mode is set as 'managed by backup server', would I be better off changing this to 'managed by agent' instead? Does this allow the specific events to trigger the backup as that may be a better option?
Thanks
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Yes, Managed by Agent mode adds different scheduling options, like "On Lock" or "When Backup target is connected"(aka user came to the office?). That might come in handy for your case!
Also, check Job - Storage - Advanced - do you have Active(or Synthetic) Full enabled there? Default setting is Saturday, so I guess that might be the reason for job triggering outside schedule tab settings.
/Cheers!