Management reporting and documentation
Argon
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Daily report from ALL backup jobs

Post by Argon »

Hi,

We are using Veeam B&R 9.5 since a month now. For SOX reasons we need a daily report with the status of all backup jobs. Right now i'm using the "Report Latest Job Status" default template that is included in Veeam One Reporting. The thing is, there isn't any physical server in the list that is being backuped via the Veeam Agent.

I'm fine with the lay-out from the "Report Latest Job Status" but really want to include the Agent based backups into it also. Does anyone have a clue if this is possible to merge those 2 things in 1 report?

Thanks for your help!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Daily report from ALL backup jobs

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Argon,

Could you please take a look at the Agent Backup Job and Policy History report. Does it satisfy your needs? You may generate both VM and Agent reports, then export the data to Excel and merge it into a single spreadsheet.

Thanks
Argon
Influencer

Post by Argon »

Hi Wishr,

Let me have a look at that link. But maybe I need to explain something more. This all needs to be done in an automatic way. So we expect that Veaam Reporter can build that report, export it into a PDF and mail it to our Ticketing System. Once the report is in our Ticketing system we need to verify the jobs on Warning/Fails and close that ticket. Through this way it isn't possible to manipulate any SOX sensitive data.

We come from HP Dataprotector and Avamar in the past, and there it was fairly easy to implement such reports. So would be cool of course if we could merge Vmware based backups AND Agent backups into 1 PDF report.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Argon,

Additionally, you can try looking at our custom reporting for Veeam backup which allows you to create your own report with specified parameters and objects.

Thanks!
Argon
Influencer

Post by Argon »

Hi Vitaliy,

I had a quick view into Custom Reporting last week. But the first problem I had:
- How can I query Agent based backup jobs from the last 24hrs?

Getting the last 24hrs job VMware based isn't difficult (it's in that "Report Latest Job Status" report). But I didn't find anything (yet) that can show me all Agent based Backup jobs for the last day/24hrs.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Custom reports are always relying on the latest job session, so there is no way to specify the time period. If you have these jobs scheduled once a day and generate a report once a day, then you basically get what you want, right?
Argon
Influencer

Post by Argon » 1 person likes this post

Aha! I wasn't aware of this.
I'll dive into it again and keep you posted!

Thanks!