Management reporting and documentation
davegold
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dave Gold

Feature request: wizard based report/widget creation

Post by davegold »

Hi,

I'm finding my self stumped by the "too many options" demon in my setup of Veeam Reporter. Its obvious that the data is gathered well, and accessible for reports...but its as obvious that to figure out what reports to create requires an understanding of both high level objectives ("I need to estimate when I need more storage" or "I'd like to see a chart of what operating systems are in use"), and detailed technical items ("do I need Memory limit, amount, reservation or perhaps level?").

I'm wondering if a more wizard driven report generation method--at least for common reports--is in the cards for future development of Veeam Reporter?

Thanks,
Dave
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature request: wizard based report/widget creation

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Dave,

Yes, you're right. Too many options might be difficult to manage if you're not familiar with Reporter. And this is the exact reason why we are introducing a bunch of predefined reports and widgets. Ease of use is what we are aiming for the next release.

Our new version will be shipped in Q4, so watch this space for more info!

Thank you.
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Re: Feature request: wizard based report/widget creation

Post by rbrambley »

Dave,

Until vNext check out the Veeam Reporter Quick Start Guide to more quickly understand and create Reporter reports and widgets. http://www.veeam.com/quick-start-veeam- ... ley_ds.pdf

The Quickstart uses several example reports and then shows you how to create various widgets from those reports. A table of widget settings is provided so you don't have to figure these out!