Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
shaazaminator
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Doug Tathwell

B&R V10 This computer does not meet system requirements

Post by shaazaminator »

Went to update my B&R V 9.4 Update 4 server to V10 and received the error "this computer does not meet system requirements".

Odd, because it worked perfectly before and does surpass the minimum system requirements required for V10. (side note, a little detail on what doesn't meet the requirements would be very helpful here Veeam, just saying.....and yes, I did rtfm)

Fine then, as this server is just a re-purposed workstation that is over 5 yrs old it's time for a new host anyway.

I have three options for a new server and would like some input for the best one.

A. Purchase a new workstation with a bunch of RAM and SSD's and install B&R 10 on it?

B. I have a Proliant DL360 G6 Server 2016 sitting in my data rack with the power off gathering dust. Lotsa CPU and RAM Is this a good choice?

C. Virtualize the whole thing in Hyper-V?

Each has it's pro's and con's, just curious what the community thinks.

Thanks for your input!

- Doug
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: B&R V10 This computer does not meet system requirements

Post by veremin »

First two options look fine, while personally I would stay away from option three. The reason is that if you virtualize everything repository server included, the restore process would be rather long in case of disaster - you will need to re-create virtual infrastructure first (more on that; it talks about VMFS, but the concept is still the same). Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

shaazaminator wrote: Mar 04, 2020 5:50 pmOdd, because it worked perfectly before and does surpass the minimum system requirements required for V10. (side note, a little detail on what doesn't meet the requirements would be very helpful here Veeam, just saying.....and yes, I did rtfm)
Let's rather get to the bottom of this, as most likely your hardware is just fine and you don't need to buy or assign a new PC. We most certainly did not have any changes in system requirements for hardware specifically between 9.5U4 and v10.

What OS version do you use on this computer?
shaazaminator
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Doug Tathwell

Post by shaazaminator »

Sorry, you got me there.
Windows 10.0.10240 Enterprise
But, yeah, when you run the setup file all it says is "This computer does not meet system requirements"
Do I need more RAM? CPU cores? More disk space? Missing Windows Updates or a .NET fix of some kind? Different version of SQL? (running sqlexpress 2017 btw)
Just thought that odd is all.