Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wonglihaung
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: wonglihaung

What is the different veeam agent for windows and use veeam backup replication update 4

Post by wonglihaung »

Hello,
I use veeam backup replication update 4 run backup job ->windows computer backup server physical machine. It backup successfully. I try install veeam agent for windows and backup to veeam server It also successfully. I want to know what is the difference between them.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: What is the different veeam agent for windows and use veeam backup replication update 4

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

It's a matter of management in scale. It is much easier to manage agents which are deployed by VBR server : automatic discovery, updates, settings change and such, without need to logon ang change each machine separately.
Check out Agent Management Guide for details!
/Cheers!
wonglihaung
Novice

Re: What is the different veeam agent for windows and use veeam backup replication update 4

Post by wonglihaung »

Ok.I find the license tab show instance being 10. Does I only backup at most 10 physical machines. If yes, I use veeam agent for windows replace, is it no any number limitation.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Ten instances is a limit of free Veeam Backup and Replication - Community Edition, to manage more workloads consider a paid version.
/Thanks!
wonglihaung
Novice

Post by wonglihaung »

Our are paid enterprise edition
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Yes, I see you have 10 instances purchased. To protect more workstations you will need to add additional instance count to the existing license.
I will ask sales representative to contact you.
/Cheers!