Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jmcnemar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: j mcnemar

Help! Not supposed to use forum, but cannot use support

Post by jmcnemar »

I started to create a new forum topic for previously unreported error situation, but was stopped in my tracks by the big red warning text. I clicked on this "learn more" link: https://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=755 On that page is this statement: "Community Edition and NFR license users can open support cases too. Such cases will be processed on a best effort basis, depending on support staff availability. As of late 2019, on average only 25% of such cases are processed due to the Community Edition adoption going through the roof." That's fine, I understand the limitations, but I cannot do as your instructions say. Please explain how I can open a support case to report this product error situation with this product? When I attempt to log into Veeam support (req'd to open a case), I am force redirected d to a profile update page that will not accept entry of my current email address because it is in the comcast.net domain. This apparently tells Veeam I must not be a business user, so I cannot have a sign on and cannot sign on to open a support case. This is maddingly circular. Meanwhile, Veeam is missing out on my excellently documented technical issue that may be of engineering and other user interest. No to mention that I am worried about the integrity of my Veeam backups because of this error situation. Please help or direct me to someone who can. Thank you, Joyce
Crickets are not Optional
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Help! Not supposed to use forum, but cannot use support

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Joyce! Please try following methods :
1. Opening a case from within Veeam Agent console
2. Registering using Free Products sign up page
/Thanks!
jmcnemar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: j mcnemar

Post by jmcnemar »

I really appreciate your help, Egor. I was beginning to think I was in a routing loop. I successfully opened a support case from within the Veeam Agent console after a little verification dance over my email address again (ugh!). Backups, free or paid, are so important. I am glad I was able to present my case and hope it will be compelling with broad enough implications to gain a timely tech review. Thank you, Joyce
Crickets are not Optional
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Glad it sorted out with the case opening!
Meanwhile waiting support answer, I gave a quick glance on your ticket description:
- please note that official Windows 1909 support came in Veeam Agent for Windows v4, yet you are using v3
- this error you mentioned [most likely] is at Target side. Check NAS disk subsystem for reliability
- since error mentions corruption within .vbk(potentially rendering following increments useless), please take additional Full backup asap
/Cheers!