Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nicko82
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nicholas Mangraviti

Backup & Replication Upgrade FAILS

Post by nicko82 »

Hi guys, I having issues upgrading from 4.1 to v5. The software is installed on a VM Windows Server 2008 R2, I took a snapshot prior to attempting the upgrade.

I get the following error "Setup was unable to start Veeam Backup Catalog Data Service service" and the the installation rolls back.

I try to re-run the install but no luck, same error. I also reverted the snapshot to get back to square one and run the install with slightly different methods and still no luck.

I have opened a support ticket, so still waiting for a response. See screen shot of the error http://postimage.org/image/j2yqnix0/
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup & Replication Upgrade FAILS

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Nicholas,

It's hard to troubleshoot your issue without seeing full log files, that is why we always recommend to contact our support team directly (as you already did, so keep working with them). Thanks.
nicko82
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nicholas Mangraviti

Post by nicko82 »

Still no luck in upgrading, is it possible to do a fresh install and then restore the database, is part of the upgrade to upgrade the DB to the right version?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

That's right, so you definitely want your upgrade process to succeed versus doing fresh install followed by database restore. Thanks.