Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mogz
Novice
Liked: never

Synthetic full to tape writes no data

Post by mogz »

Hey guys,

Case number 04038826

Have applied the latest CU with the tape fix too

Ever since upgrading to v10 I've been having trouble getting the data to be written to tape. We take forward incrementals onto a REFS disk and then get the system to create a synthetic full as its written to tape. This used to work great in v9 but with v10 most of the time it just marks most jobs as success and then displays the message 6/04/2020 3:21:52 PM :: Tape backup was not created for 6/04/2020: there are no new restore points between 22/03/2020 and 3/04/2020

We write our fulls to tape once a week on a saturday. The tape job will only write one or two of the backup jobs to tape and the rest will get the above message. By wednesday or thursday of the following week, I might be able to get it to write everything to tape by running the job manually and it will then create a synthetic full for the previous friday. I can't work out the logic of it

In the tape job, on the media pools tab, the full backup schedule is set to run on a saturday. I've also ticked monday (today) for good effect and rerun the tape job and still it makes no difference. Most (but not all) jobs get the above message and nothing written

Any ideas?

thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Synthetic full to tape writes no data

Post by Dima P. »

Hello mogz,

Thank you for your feedback, I'll discuss your case with RnD folks!