Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
lostbackups
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

stale folders and .tmp files within my Service Providers Files folder?

Post by lostbackups »

I have an issue where within my Service Providers > [SP URL] > Files I have an empty folder from an old backup job now deleted. I also have a varying amount of .tmp files for different backup jobs. I had been having a lot of problems with my service provider with things like continuously failing backup jobs and extremely slow folder navigation. After a few months of multiple tickets, they finally realized there was a hard disk issue on their end with the datastore that holds my backups. Now things are a lot better and I've asked them to clean up the old empty folder and they said they did, but it is still showing in Veeam on my side. Also the .tmp files were supposed to get cleaned up with monthly maintenance cycles (or so I thought) but they are still there now.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do on my end to clean these things up. I've tried re-scanning my SP repository and re-syncing, restarting Veeam and the proxy server, etc. Its not really a critical issue or anything but I'm just trying to clean stuff up. I imagine if I were to delete more backup jobs down the road, I would be stuck with the files sitting on the SP side even after they've deleted them.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: stale folders and .tmp files within my Service Providers Files folder?

Post by veremin »

Reach our support team, they will be able to clean obsolete references from your configuration database. Thanks!
lostbackups
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by lostbackups »

veremin, I opened a ticket, thanks for the suggestion.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. Kindly, provide support ticket number here, so that we can follow the investigation. Thanks!