Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
elyos002
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] Cannot autpmatically upgarde Veeam Backup and Repli

Post by elyos002 »

Hello everybody,

My company uses Veeam backup and replication 9.5.0.711 to save his VMs installed on ESX 5.5 for a few months.
For a few days, our Vmware infrastructure is in 6.5 version. So I have to upgrade the Veeam backup and replication version to save VMs hosted by ESX 6.5.
I try to install Veeam backup and replication 9.5.0.1922.Update3a but I cannot. The installation process says : "This installation cannot be updated automatically, please contact Veeam customer support for assistance with manual update"

I have already installed the certificates mentionned in the kb2157 but it does not work better.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Best regards.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: install the update

Post by foggy »

Please contact our technical support for assistance with the update. Thanks.
elyos002
Novice

Post by elyos002 »

Hello Foggy,

I have ever contacted the technical support. I was asked for my support ID, but I could not find it. My contact made me download a trial licence and install it, but after I could not find a support ID anymore.
So, I don't know what I can do to install the 9.5.0.1922.Update3a to backup VM on ESX 6.5?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

When you open the ticket, you can select the Evaluation/Trial version from the drop down list. Then you do not need to type in a support ID.
ramg1967
Novice
Full Name: Ram Lan

[MERGED] VeeamBackup&Replication_10.0.0.4461_KB3127

Post by ramg1967 »

Hello,

Has anybody here in the forum installed above cumulative update 1 on B&R v10.0.0.4461?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VeeamBackup&Replication_10.0.0.4461_KB3127

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Yes, without any problem :-)
Every new installation of Veeam VBR has the patch (CU) included.

Build Number will be 10.0.0.4461 P1 after installing the patch.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

To clarify, this patch is a part of the updated v10 ISO version 20200401 (this new ISO was made available for download on April 1st).
ramg1967
Novice

Post by ramg1967 »

When, I tried to install this update - I keep getting error - Veeam Backup & Replication installation cannot be updated automatically. Please contact Veeam customer support for assistance.

I downloaded the cumulative patch - stopped all veeam services - ran the patch as admin - yet same error. What could be the problem. I am currently running v10.0.0.4461.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Please, reach our support team to assist you with the installation process. Thanks!
ramg1967
Novice

Post by ramg1967 »

Solution shared by feivel5000 from page 1 resolved the issue. Was able to install the update.
stevenrodenburg1
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Steven Rodenburg

Post by stevenrodenburg1 » 1 person likes this post

The root-cause (pun intented) is probably that the Veeam server misses certain root CA certificates needed for the code-signing verification of the installer. See https://www.veeam.com/kb2157
This is a standard problem on non-internet connected servers who either don't have these certificates or they are simply out of date.

Tip: during the import of such certificates, some say "import successful" really quick, others take a while and the mmc seems to hang. Be patient. Some can take up to a minutes to install because the server still tries to access something on the internet (but it can't) and times out. Just be patient.

Oh, if the KB article says "Globalsign, install R1, R2, and R3 certificates": the R2 does not exist anymore. R1 and R3 are enough however.

I have this collection of certificates with me when I go to customers that have "dark systems" (completely isolated from the Internet).
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

stevenrodenburg1 wrote: May 15, 2020 8:06 pmThe root-cause (pun intented)
Good one, sir ;)
appleoddity
Lurker

[MERGED] This Veeam Backup & Replication installation cannot be updated automatically

Post by appleoddity »

I hate that when I search for a solution, I can't find it, and have to call in to support. Maybe this will help someone else (definitely me, in the future. :D )

I installed the VBR Console on my local workstation. When I tried to connect to the VBR server, I was told it needed to be updated. After trying to update I received the message, "This Veeam Backup & Replication installation cannot be updated automatically. Please contact Veeam customer support for assistance with manual update."

My VBR server is running Build 11.0.1.12611 P20211211. This is a patched version of 11a from KB4245. I downloaded the VBR Console installer from "Product Downloads" in my Veeam Account under "Extensions and Other." The version is listed as 11.0.1.1261.

This seems to be a known issue. To resolve the issue the following steps were taken:
  • Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\VeeamLicense.dll to VeeamLicense.dll.old.
  • Run the VBR Console as Administrator.
  • You are prompted to update. Proceed with the update. This time, it should be successful, but running the console will still fail with a licensing error.
  • Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\VeeamLicense.dll.old to VeeamLicense.dll.
  • Run the VBR Console as Administrator.
The support rep suggested that the VBR Console should be set to always run as administrator, but I am not entirely sure this is necessary. Maybe.

The console now works properly.