Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Russ_SelectTech
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Russ Gower-Leech

[Feature Request] Veeam Office 365 Backup

Post by Russ_SelectTech »

With regards to Veeam Office 365's Azure BLOB integration we'd like to see BLOB snapshot's being enabled; currently there isn't a simple way to backup and Azure BLOB which creates challenges in following the 3-2-1 rule and just relying on storage replication doesn't protect against corruption so snap-shotting the BLOB on a schedule would look to be the best option and if it were built into the Office 365 backup product would give us everything in a single pane of glass
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Feature Request - Veeam Office 365 Backup

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Russ, we've had requests before regarding the 3-2-1 rule and are exploring options. We'll take your request into consideration but I can't provide an ETA when something to achieve the 3-2-1 rule will be implemented.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Russ,

A good request, and noted. However, we are building a new solution at this moment which is called Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure. It will be similar to Veeam Backup for AWS which is already released. This solution should be out soon. The first version of this solution would be Azure VMs. But obviously we are looking into other Azure services, where blob backup is one of those.

Brgds,
Mike
mikame
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mika Melonen

Post by mikame »

I would like to have a warning about VBO backup job taking too long.
Too long..perhaps a day or a settings I can change myself.

I just had a case, VBO as VM on vsphere and Veeam Agent 3 FREE was used to backup the VBO VM to SMB Share. For some reason the Veeam Agent was stuck with vss snapshot, Veeam agent did not send any emails about problems, it is just stuck with vss, no alerts, no retries etc. It was stuck for 274 HOURS, then I just noticed O365 backups (PAID VBO license) was also "backing up"/running the job still without errors..the same 274hours. No alerts from either software and no backups for almost 2 weeks. IF there would have been an alert about backup job taking too long (either Agent of VBO) I would have noticed this much earlier. Seems I need to log on to VBO VM regularly from now on. I just updated Agent to version 4 and VBO to the latest 4.0.0.2516, it was 1345
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Mika, from the looks of it our agent caused the VSS issue. Did you by any chance contact support about this? If not, could you still open a case for investigation to see what may have gone wrong (and let us know the support case ID)?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
mikame
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mika Melonen

Post by mikame »

I opened a case, 04110016 on VBO side, I select severity 3 even thought it is customer production VM since the backup works now.
And opened Agent FREE support case 04110030, where I wrote the above support ID to check the description, I assume Agent logs was sent to you automatically.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: [Feature Request] Veeam Office 365 Backup

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi @mikame

I noticed that the case on VBO was closed. Does it work now as it should and what caused the issue?