Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
Alvaro
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alan

COPY JOB TO CLOUD COPY JOB IN PARALLEL WITH BACKUP JOB

Post by Alvaro »

Hi there

A customer wants to copy their backups to the Cloud Object Storage.

I know that after the completion of each backup job, the copy job begins immediately to upload a copy to the cloud.

My client makes their backups for 12 hours, that is, they launch several backup jobs that carry out the backup of their environment throughout those 12 hours.

My question is:
Should I wait for all backup jobs to finish before copying everything after 12 hours, or can I go back to cos after finishing each job?

I ask this because I do not know if there are any problems that can be done at the same time as a backup job and a copy job to the cloud, that is, if they can be done in parallel.

EXAMPLE:

My client launches a backup job at 2 am and ends at 2:30 am. At 2:30 am another backup job starts ... but this would have to be run in parallel with the copy job which also starts after the completion of the first backup job.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: COPY JOB TO CLOUD COPY JOB IN PARALLEL WITH BACKUP JOB

Post by Gostev »

Hello! There are no issues with this activities working in parallel. Moreover, this is how Capacity Tier copy policy was envisioned and designed to work in the first place - since the main goal here is to make an off-site copy of each backup as soon as it is created in the Performance Tier. Thanks!
Alvaro
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alan

Re: COPY JOB TO CLOUD COPY JOB IN PARALLEL WITH BACKUP JOB

Post by Alvaro »

Millions of thanks Gostev!

Best regards