Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
wpd
Novice
Liked: never

2 repositories, one for backup, one for archive

Post by wpd »

Hello,

from the console Backup & Replication 9.5, i created a ... backup job that save datas on a share folder in a NAS, the folder name is "backup"
regularly, (more or less each month), i copy from the "backup" folder to another share folder in the NAS "archive folder".
i copy a vbk file, some vib files and the vbm file as well.
i copy those files manually, from a Windows server.
i specify that i added the "archive" folder as a repository in the backup&replication console.

i can read/restore, from the console, datas that have been backuped in the "backup" folder.
How can i read/restore datas in the "archive" folder ? Can i do this from the console ?
i tried but didn't find how to...i just want to open a repository, and manage datas inside.
thanks for your help,

Regards
wpd
Novice
Liked: never

Re: 2 repositories, one for backup, one for archive

Post by wpd »

or what would be the correct thing to do, from the console Veean&Backup replication, in order to be able to daily backup and also be able to search/read/restore datas in another repository ?
from the Restore tab, i'd like to be able to choose from where i restore datas.

Regards
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: 2 repositories, one for backup, one for archive

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi,

You might need to go to your archive share repository properties and tick the checkbox in the bottom of the Wizard on this step to import backups you just copied from your primary share.
I'd say, as an option, you can schedule a backup copy job targeting your archive share with a primary job as a source to avoid copying and importing backups to console manually every time.

Thanks,
Oleg