Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
SysEng702

Tenant Compatibility Report - Removed in v10

Post by SysEng702 »

Why was the Tenant Compatibility Report removed from VeeamONE v10? The data definitely still exists in the database, as now I'm having to do SQL Queries of multiple tables to correlate the info, but it was definitely easier/faster to just run the report in Reporter. Is the tenant version in another report somewhere?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Tenant Compatibility Report - Removed in v10

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ryan,

This report was mainly focused on tenants running Veeam B&R 9.0 release which was not compatible with 9.5. Now, any earlier version of Veeam B&R starting from 9.5 can be used to target a cloud repository hosted by Veeam B&R v10 release, so there is no need in the report now.

Can you please share your use case for this report?

Thanks!
SysEng702

Post by SysEng702 »

We don't use it frequently, but in the cases recently where we need to are due to new features in v10 that cannot be used if the tenants aren't updated. We also use it for customers we do manage to get an easy view of who is upgraded or not (not all can have the VAC Agent installed.

An example of when it would have came in useful lately is when we tried to use the new Extent Sealing feature for one of our repositories. If a tenant is not on v10, their backups will fail if the SOBR has an extent sealed. We needed to know which of the 20 tenants on that repository had yet to upgrade, and had to do it all manually.

Also, my CTO asked for a list of our customers not on v10 yet. I just had to provide when asked, and it took about 2 hours correlating a SQL Query to PS output to do it.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok! This makes sense. I will ask our RnD team to modify and bring this report back in our next update.
SysEng702

Post by SysEng702 »

Awesome, thank you!