Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Alvaro
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alan

Disaster recovery of physical machines with Veeam agents

Post by Alvaro »

Hello

I have a client who wants to DR (Not backup) of their virtual environment with Veeam.

The problem is that it also has 3 physical machines that our client also wants to perform DR.

I know that veeam agents are used to backup physical environments, but it is not clear to me reading certain parts of the manual if we could perform a DR of physical machines using agents.

If not ... would there be any way to perform DR of physical machines with veeam ??

Thanks and best regards
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Disaster recovery of physical machines with Veeam agents

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alan,

With Veeam Agent for Windows you can perform Bare Metal Recovery of the previously backed up machine. Does that work for your customer? Cheers!
Alvaro
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alan

Post by Alvaro »

YES, it is a possibility that we had contemplated.
In other words, restore from the backup chain and provide additional computing capacity.
The question is if a DR chain could be created as it is done for virtual environments to be able to restore faster.??

Thank you Dima
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Alan,

Sure, agent backup works has pretty much the same logic as vm backup in terms of backup chains: forever forward incremental backup mode or forward incremental backup mode with periodic full backups could be configured. Bare Metal Recovery works for all restore points. Cheers!