Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
juz_far
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Farrow

Surebackup job has locked VBK file

Post by juz_far »

I have a SureBackup job that was running until a week ago. On it's last run it failed. I then discovered that the backup job that the SureBackup job is linked to is now failing. The backup job fails with the following error.

Storage 'Daily VM Backups2011-09-17T200204.vbk' is locked by running session 'Daily VMs Backup Verification'

I've disabled the SureBackup job and cleaned out all historic VM files from the Veeam NFS Datastore but this has not had any positive result.
I've also attempted rebooting the Veeam VM and restarting all Veeam services.

The SureBackup job is - "Daily VMs Backup Verification"
The Daily Backup job is - "Daily VM Backups"

I've checked and confirmed that no historic snapshot files are linked to either the Veeam VM or any target VMs.

Has anyone experianced this or have a suggestion how to release the file lock on the Daily VMs VBK? Would love some advice

thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Surebackup job has locked VBK file

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Justin, I would suggest contacting our support team directly for assistance, as all basic troubleshooting steps you've already done. Thanks.
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Post by lobo519 »

I have the same error message but on a replication job - I have contacted support but no help yet. Where you able to solve this?

I posted on the forum but it was deleted. I thought this was a community - why are we deleting posts - I understand that this is not a support forum but if someone else can solve my issue - why not?

When it takes support 3 hours to respond to a production impaired situation with basic troubleshooting that doesn't address my issue at all - I am looking to find the answer anyway I can.

Please stop deleting posts. :(
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Post by lobo519 »

FYI for anyone who may run into a similar situation -

I decided to poke around in the database.

I was able to use the Backup.trackedactions.locks table and use the data in the "session_id" column to search the backup.model.backuptasksessions table to determine which lock was my suck job. I deleted that row and the job is running now.
juz_far
Influencer

Post by juz_far »

Thanks for the update. I attemtped to find the same records without success. This could either be due to my limited SQL skills or that I'm running SQL Express. anyway no success for me there.

I'm just about to follow up with Veeam Tech Support as they have been a bit slow getting back to me.
juz_far
Influencer

Post by juz_far »

Issue resolved. Same as lobo519 pointed out. Veeam Tech support recommended the same solution but we just did a backup of the SQL DB, stopped all Veeam services and deleted all rows in both

- dbo.backup.trackedactions.lockeditems
- dbo.backup.trackedactions.locks

Once these rows were deleted, restarted Veeam Services and tested the job once more.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Thank you for posting the resolution.
k00laid
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 51 times
Full Name: Jim Jones

Backup Set Locked by nonexistent SureBackup job

Post by k00laid »

[merged]

I am trying to do some clean up of my B&R servers prior to the v6 upgrade. In doing so I see I've got some backup sets that haven't been used since February so I tried to delete them from disk. When I did this it told me that it was locked by a SureBackup job that also hasn't existed for months. Anybody know how to get rid of this?
Jim Jones, Sr. Product Infrastructure Architect @iland / @1111systems, Veeam Vanguard
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jim, please contact our support team directly to clean up SQL Server configuration database. Thank you.