Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
roguegeek
Novice
Liked: never

[Feature Request]Restoring 'All' Onedrive Files to Disk or Zip

Post by roguegeek »

Currently the only way to restore delete items and all file versions from a OneDrive account is if you restore to a OneDrive account. For litigation reasons I think its important to be able to restore all OneDrive items, Deleted and all file versions, directly to disk or zip.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: [Feature Request]Restoring 'All' Onedrive Files to Disk or Zip

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi @roguegeek

A good feature request, but probably difficult to do, as it would mean that the medium needs either a system that allows file versioning, or we would need to export one by one the files, and rename them with a version number ourselves. That probably will be very difficult to do and also cost a lot of time.

Does this specifically needs to be a disk or zip? Thinking out loud now I would suggest a SharePoint Site maybe? (Not sure if that is possible but it does have versioning...)

Not promising anything at the moment, but feel free to think with me for potentional alternatives that allow you to be compliant with litigation
roguegeek
Novice
Liked: never

Re: [Feature Request]Restoring 'All' Onedrive Files to Disk or Zip

Post by roguegeek »

The reason behind it being disk or zip is so the data can be copied and give to someone in person like an attorney. Moving it to another SP site and then granting access to someone externally is one thing but we would also be assuming they understand how to navigate it. Giving them a zip of all the files it much easier.