Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
champanyie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Cooper

Community Edition licence count?

Post by champanyie »

Just wanted to clarify the licensing for Veeam Backup Office 365 community edition

I installed this product for a charity with under 10 users. They then expanded to 19 users and I got a message saying I was using 9 grace licences and to purchase more.
Q1: I bought 10 to make 10+10 free - is that correct or should I have bought 20?
Q2: If I install the same product for another charity with 50 users, could I count on 10 users being counted as "free" and therefore I only need 40 licences?

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Community Edition licence count?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Paul,

Community Edition licenses do not add up to the count of paid licenses, so in your case, you should have bought 20 and 50 licenses.

Thanks!
champanyie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Cooper

Post by champanyie »

Thank you!

I was a bit confused in the first case because the message was "Your licence consumption has been exceeding the licence cap by 9 users... To comply with your Veeam licensing contract please obtain and install the license file for at least 9 users"

Second case hasn't happened yet
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this is a default message that is shown when a license key is exceeded. In the case of the paid license key, it would be correct. Thanks for your feedback, as I agree it does seem confusing.