Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
bdfeil
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Feil

Bare Metal Recovery from NAS to ESXi

Post by bdfeil »

Case ID: 04141647

I am testing Veeam's Windows Agent, but am unable to get it working.

In my scenario, I am restoring a backup to an ESXi virtual machine. I create the virtual machine, mount the recovery ISO, then turn on the VM.
I select Bare Metal Recovery, then Network storage for the "Backup Location."

Next, I select "Shared folder." My backups for the computer are located under \fs01ackups\computer\. I enter the domain credentials to access the share, then hit "Next."
On the next page, there are no backup files. There is a message "No items."

If I navigate to the directory from another computer, I can clearly see the .vbm, .vbk, and .vib files.

In the recovery wizard, I have tried using the DNS hostname and the IP address of my NAS. I know my credentials are correct, because if I change them to something random, I get a permission denied error. I have no errors when I enter my domain credentials, Veeam just can't see my backup files. My VM is connected to the same switch and subnet as the NAS. I can ping both machines from my computer.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thank you
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Bare Metal Recovery from NAS to ESXi

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I just read through the case and I could only repeat the questions support asked you. The questions make sense to me. So I suggest to continue with support (support is not reading the forums)

Best regards,
Hannes