Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
regi
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Regi Pradeeswaran

Backup for OneDrive/Teams & possibly O356

Post by regi »

Hi I have been a VBR customer for many years for all my VMW VMs in our DC/Offices . I need a backup for above approx 75 users. What's the best way of doing this ? Appreciate any advise. Cheers :mrgreen:
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Backup for OneDrive/Teams & possibly O356

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Regi,

You can use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 (VBO) to achieve this. I would suggest you start with a smaller amount of users (maybe contact your sales responsible for a trial license or so).

I would suggest to do this on a VM. Just install VBO on it. A lot of information on architecture decisions can be found here: https://vbo.veeambp.com/
regi
Enthusiast

Post by regi »

Thanks this will back up O365 mailbox and/or one-drive / teams ? And like my VBR repository I will need local storage for this ? I Guess
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

If you select a user, it will protect (by default) the mailbox, archive, onedrive for business and personal site.
To protect Teams, you need to select the underlying O365 group. We are working on a version that will protect much more of teams. Today, it protects the files that are stored in a team, and some other data, but you can't restore a channel for the moment. (As said, work in progress :-))

For a repository, there are 2 options. A local repository, based on an Exchange type of database (JET DB engine) or object storage repository. For the JET DB, because it is a running database, it can't be just any local storage like with VBR (because it is running, and VBR stores data as "flat" files. So make sure you read the documentation around that before making a decision
regi
Enthusiast

Post by regi »

Ok cheers for your help