Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Sebastiaan-Vita
Novice
Liked: never

Can't see Cloud Connect backups on different server

Post by Sebastiaan-Vita »

For a customer who is using a local NAS and Cloud Connect we are trying to perform an entire VM restore test.
As we are also looking to set this up as a service we are trying to get this running on a different server with a few versions of Veeam B&R.

To select a VM from the Cloud Connect repository I use the 'add VM - from backup' in the restore wizard.
The strange thing is that with V9.5 U3 I can immediately select VMs/files from the Cloud Connect storage without any steps performed after the account was added, but with V9.5 U4 I can't select from the Cloud Connect as the backups from the Cloud Connect aren't shown.
With the U4 installation I can press the 'Import Backup', but there I don't have the option to select local storage and not the Cloud Connect storage.
In Backup Infra I did a rescan on the account under 'Backup Repositories' and 'Service Providers', but that didn't give any backups to restore from.

I am however able to select the Cloud Connect as a backup target.
Did I miss or overlook a step in order to get the U4 installation to see the backups?
Sebastiaan-Vita
Novice

Re: Can't see Cloud Connect backups on different server

Just tried to show a colleague the issue and now (5 hours later) the backups are known within Veeam.
Could it be that some sort of maintenance jobs run every 4 hours and that this job indexes the results of the rescan in order to be able to see them?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Are you saying that if you try to register Cloud Provider in 9.5 U4b (I assume this is the version you're using), the backups stored in cloud repositories show up after 5 hours?

By the way, are you a Service Provider? If so, kindly, apply to Veeam Cloud Provider group, using Usergroup settings in the User Control Panel. This's needed to get access to dedicated cloud providers' forum where similar questions are discussed.

Thanks!
Sebastiaan-Vita
Novice

It appears that the 9.5 U4a is used.

I tried to show the issue to a colleague and the backup was known in the Veeam installation by this time.
I didn't check in-between so I can't say when the backups got known.
Could have been after an hour, but I'll never know that for this issue.

We are a reseller for Veeam, perform installation and maintain the backups for customers.
We don't offer cloud storage for customer.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Got it, it rather hard to fully understand the issue, let alone speculate about its origin. So, if the problem re-appears, please, open a support ticket and post its number here (if necessary, we will involve R&D team in further investigation). Thanks!