Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kwinsor
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Kent Winsor

Orphaned ESXi host showing up as Unavailable

Post by kwinsor »

Hi,

I have a bit of a strange issue in a lab environment. I had to pull a ESXi host out of vCenter and rebuild it. The host was added back with the same host name as the original host. Now I have the new host correctly displayed under the vCenter Server and I have a second host with the same name showing up under Unavailable from the Backup Infrastructure view. I'm running v10 GA build of Veeam Backup and Recovery.

I also pulled the host from vCenter again and performed a rescan of vCenter. Both the correct host and Unavailable host disappeared from the Veeam Inventory. After adding back the host, I end up with the good instance and the unavailable instance again.

Is there a SQL table and query I can use to correct this issue? I ran the below command but it also did not fix the problem.

delete
FROM [VeeamBackup].[dbo].[Hosts]
where name ='name of host'

Thank you.
Thank you,
Kent
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Orphaned ESXi host showing up as Unavailable

Post by PetrM »

Hi Kent,

First of all I must say that manual update/delete queries against VeeamBackup configuration database are not supported and must be performed by support team only.
We can not predict what kind of issues you can face in future because of such update, some references to the deleted object can still exist in other tables.

I strongly recommend to open a support case and let our support engineers to investigate the issue using extended debug logs to identify what exactly triggers this unavailable host to appear in UI.
Please don't forget to paste case id for our reference.

Thanks!
kwinsor
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Kent Winsor

Re: Orphaned ESXi host showing up as Unavailable

Post by kwinsor » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

Case opened and case # is 04146353. I uploaded a SQL backup of the Veeam database for analysis. Will update when I hear back.

Thanks!
Thank you,
Kent